Islamic Center of Johnson County (ICJC) offers Nikkah Ceremony services to the community. Following guidelines must be adhered to for utilizing ICJC facility for Nikkah Ceremony:
- Official Marraige License. It can be applied via the state’s website
- All reservation requests must be made no later than 30 days prior to the proposed date and time of Nikkah.
- Reservations for ICJC facilities are taken on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.
- ICJC staff has right to refuse the facility usage if the facility is reserved for other planned activities
- Bride/Groom can bring their own Scholar/Imam for Dua, talk and lecture, but only ICJC clergy will be allowed to perform the Nikkah service.
- Cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the ceremony.
- Nikkah services at ICJC are subject to a $250 fee for use of facility maintenance and our Iman’s services that should be paid in full at least one (1) week prior to the event. Failure to do so will cancel the reservation. Payment can be made using payment terminals (located in the ICJC lobby) or online as a regular donation. Please keep your emailed receipts for confirmation.
- Nikkah Services that are held outside of ICJC facilities, by an ICJC Imam, are subject to a $350 fee that should be paid in full at least one (1) week prior to the event. Payment can be made using payment terminals (located in the ICJC lobby) or online as a regular donation. Please keep your emailed receipts for confirmation.
- In addition to the Fee mentioned above there will be a retainer check (written to “Islamic Center of Johnson County”) in the amount $350 is required (The retainer check will be required at the same time when Nikkah Services fee is paid). This check will be returned/shredded by ICJC provided the Facility Use Policy is followed. The ICJC reserves the right to determine if any of the Facility Use Policy is not followed and hold any/or full value of the retainer.
Facility Use Policy
- All Nikkah Ceremonies will be held on the 1st floor Main prayer hall unless it is unavailable or if a reduced service.
- The maximum number of guests allowed is 75.
- If more than 75 guests attend, then a banquet hall reservation must be made in addition to the Nikkah Services Fee. Food Items and gathering after the ceremony will resume in the banquet hall
- Please observe silence during the Adhan and Prayer times while in Masjid.
- Seating, center table, and chairs (for up to 30 only) can be setup by ICJC staff if clear and concise written instructions are provided at least one week prior to the ceremony.
- Seating will be segregated for brothers and sisters.
- No decorations are allowed inside the prayer hall except simple table arrangements.
- ICJC requires all attendees to wear proper attire to maintain sanctity of the Masjid. This is a masjid and it is expected to adhere to Islamic dress code. Cultural ceremonies/activities may happen only in the banquet hall.
- Salah times will dictate hall occupancy and are given priority. The prayer hall may need to be cleared to accommodate for the congregants to pray.
- Music is not allowed.
- No Photography allowed inside Musalla except recording/taking pictures of the Nikkah service.
- No food, drinks, gift boxes, or party favors are permitted inside the prayer halls. All items to be served only in lobby area. Food items must by dry, in nature, and mess free.
- Bride/Groom are responsible for any damage caused during the event, either by themselves or their guests. Damages may cause additional incidental charges that may be assessed.